Back-end Developer - C++
About the company:
Millennium is one of the leading global hedge funds, managing over $53bn, with more than 3,000 employees and offices worldwide.
Type of institution:
Category of position:
About the role:
We are assembling a strong Quant Technology team to build our next generation of in-house analytics and trader support tools. This team will develop and maintain the in-house models and pricing libraries, providing firm wide live risk and Profit&Loss to support trading in Fixed Income, Commodities, Credit and FX derivatives.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the leading hedge funds in the world and enter the fast-growing world of FinTech, learning from the best in the field how it is done at the highest levels. We offer a fast-paced environment with excellent international growth opportunities and exposure to world-class financial technologies and global markets.
• Take part in the development and enhancement of the back-end distributed system, enabling continuous firm wide risk and Profit&Loss calculations
• Work closely with Quants and Quant Developers in London, Geneva and New York to develop pricing and risk analytics for our in-house pricing library
• Participate in the development of in house pre-trade analysis and market analysis tools for Portfolio Managers
• Five years developing in C++ (Expert understanding of the C++11/ C++14/C++17 standards is a must)
• Experience developing and maintaining back-end distributed system.
• Good understanding of various object oriented design patterns
• Experience working with a source control system (preferably Git or SVN)
• B.A. in computer science or another quantitative field (M.A. degree is a plus)
• Strong problem solving capabilities & analytical skills
• Very strong English written and verbal skills. It is essential the candidate can clearly and fluently communicate in English
• Solid communication skills
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail oriented, organized, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
• Experience working in a production environment.
Additional valuable skills (nice to have):
• Experience with CI/CD
• Familiarity with Linux platforms
• Experience with Fixed income analytics pricing & risk analytics
• Experience with Python and/or Java
• Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
• Experience with financial mathematics and statistics.
• Experience in the financial industry
Preferred Start date: