Back-end Developer - Python
About the company:
We are one of the leading global hedge funds, managing over $50B, with more than 3,800 employees and offices worldwide.
Type of institution:
Category of position:
About the role:
We are assembling a strong Quant Technology team to build our next generation of in-house analytics and trading support tools. This team will develop and maintain the in-house models and pricing libraries, providing firm-wide live risk and Profit&Loss analysis to support global trading in Fixed Income, Commodities, Credit, commodities and FX products.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the leading hedge funds in the world and enter the fast-growing world of FinTech, learning from the best in the field how it is done at the highest levels. We offer a fast-paced environment with excellent international growth opportunities and exposure to world-class financial technologies and global markets.
• Take part in the development and enhancement of the back-end distributed system, providing continuous and uninterrupted Risk and Profit&Loss information to Portfolio Managers and Risk Officers.
• Work closely with Quant researchers and developers, tech teams, middle office and trading teams in London and New York.
• Build micro services on top of our new analytics library and integrate it into the existing system, using the latest technologies.
• Substantial experience developing in Python (at least 5 years development experience, at least 3 years in Python).
• Experience in Client-Server, Distributed computing and Micro-Services design patterns
• Experience developing and maintaining back-end distributed system.
• Good understanding of various Design Patterns, Algorithms & Data structures
• Experience working with Git / GitHub
• B.A. in computer science or another quantitative field
• Strong problem solving capabilities & analytical skills
• Very strong English written and verbal skills. It is essential the candidate can clearly and fluently communicate in English
• Solid communication skills
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail oriented, organized, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
• Experience working in a production environment.
Additional valuable skills (nice to have):
• Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
• Experience with NoSQL like MongoDB
• Experience working in Linux environment
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience developing in C++ with good understanding of the Modern C++ standards
• Experience developing Cross Asset Pricing and Risk Systems
• Experience with financial mathematics and statistics.
• Experience in the financial industry
Preferred Start date: